creamy chicken meatballs in mushroom sauce
I’m not even kidding you when I say that I can guzzle down that sauce by the litre. Its that good!
I’m a huge mushroom sauce fan and this is really my third recipe that uses a similar sauce situation. Because that sauce is everything.
And I think there is nothing wrong with adding chicken meatballs to that sauce. In fact every single thing is right every time I make these creamy chicken meatballs in mushroom sauce. Which is like thrice in the last week. Even while we were packing up and unpacking to leave for Auroville. Serious dedication folks. Don’t tell me to stop.
These chicken meatballs are juicy and light unlike some other chicken meatballs that can be weird and hard. And can fly around when you try slicing into them. Like dodging you. Didn’t happen to me 🙈
There are some cool tips to making this recipe, faster, simpler easier which I’m going to share.
cooking tips for creamy chicken meatballs in mushroom sauce
- While making meatballs, the best way is to mix all your ingredients except the ground meat first. This way it’s much easier to combine your seasoning, binding agents and flavouring when you finally add the meat.
- Don’t overmix. Seriously, just stop when you feel like you are 90% done. Overworking the meat can lead to denser meatballs.
- To chop the mushrooms finely, just cut them in half and add them to a food processor. This will coarsely chop the mushrooms without you having to do any of that effort. Takes about 2.5 minutes.
- Always sear the meatballs on high heat. This locks in the flavours and the sear helps them retain their shape when you add them back to the sauce.
- Feel free to switch up chicken meatballs for vegetarian ones if you are a vegetarian. But retain the sauce. Because that sauce absolutely rocks!
Now who wants a bite of those creamy chicken meatballs in mushroom sauce? *raises hand* *both hands*